It appears that this update is focused heavily on the Mac side of things and a new Network previewer.
I have a Mac that I am currently examining, so I look forward to trying this out.
- Direct Network Preview
- This allows you to conduct a live examination over a network without the need of a SAFE.
- It allows you to deploy a servlet to a single computer on the network in order to read, acquire, or monitor a hard drive or computer.
- I will be testing this out ASAP.
- Forensic Imager (Pretty much the functionality of Acquisition)
- No dongle needed and it is free of charge.
- Macintosh Enhancements
- Displays all HFS+ file system compressed files as uncompressed
- Supports Directories' hard links (used in conjunction with Apple Time Machine)
- Supports OS X 10.8
To read more visit www.GuidanceSoftware.com
Fore sales and training visit www.H11DFS.com the Guidance Software training partner of the year World-Wide for both 2011 and 2012